Friday, May 24th, 2013, 1:21 pm
Glenmore Curling · Calcutta 2006
| Image Preview|
Glenmore Calcutta: How it works
Sign-up and Teams
- Each Glenmore member must sign up individually for this event.
- Players will be ranked by a committee so that there are an equal number of players available for each position.
- The teams will be drawn at random; one player for each position.
- The roster of teams will be posted at the club and on the web site at least 24 hours before the auction.
- The club entry fee for this event is $20.
- The deadline for signing up is the Wednesday before the auction.
- On auction night, teams are put up for sale to the highest individual bidder or syndicate.
- Money collected becomes part of the Owners' Pool.
- 10% goes to the club and 90% towards the Owners' Pool.
- Out of this 90%:
|Winner of "A" -|| 35%|
|Runner-up of "A" -|| 15%|
|Winner of "B" -|| 15%|
|Runner-up of "B" -|| 7.5%|
|Winner of "C" -|| 15%|
|Runner-up of "C" -|| 7.5%|
|Winner of "D" -|| 5%|
- Players usually buy back 40% of their team's selling price from their owner (10% per player).
- Of the $20 entry fee for the event, $10 goes to the Players' Pool, and the remainder towards dinner, snacks and entertainment.
- Of the Players' Pool, 10% goes to the club and the remaining 90% goes to the players, split in the same way as the Owners' Pool
- After the auction, you will be able to purchase WIN tickets on the team you think will win the Calcutta.
- You can also purchase SHOW tickets. To win, you must pick the "A" winner, "A" runner-up, "B" runner-up or "C" winner.
- WIN tickets cost $5 each, and SHOW tickets are $2 each. They will be available up until the first stone of the event is delivered.
- Before every game during the spiel, you will be able to purchase EXACTA tickets for $2 each.
In order to win, you must pick all of the winning teams for one specific draw.
Details will be available before every draw, therefore you should come to your games early.
- At the end of the auction, a draw will take place to determine when each team and their opponents will play their first games.
This page is under construction...
Please be patient with updates, corrections and modifications. Thank you.